Access Statement for Weddings in the Wood c/o New Forest Outdoor Centre
Weddings in the Woods is set in a beautiful private ancient mixed woodland in the heart of the New Forest, Hampshire, UK. All visitors to the venue must stay within site of the Carpenter's Barn unless being led by one of the centre instructors or following one of our waymarked trails.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• The main car park is located at the front of the building.
• The car park is a level gravel area, with the closest parking approx 3 metres from the front doors of the Carpenter's Barn.
• There is parking for around 40 cars in the main car park .
• Access from the car park to the front door, starts on the level gravel area, there is then one step down of about 25cm to the paved area in front of the barn. There is then level access to the barn across the paved area to the front doors and around the side of the barn over wooden decking. Lighting aids the route at night.
• Access into the barn is available from the car park on to the west lawn and then onto the paved area and in the front barn doors over a 20cm threshold.
• Solid, level floor
• Access through rear barn doors over 20cm threshold to large level wood deck
• Lighting - spot lights from beams
• Seating for up to 120 depending on layout
• Large wood burning stove
• 2 radiators
• Blackout blinds available for windows
• 13 amp power supply points
• Wifi access point can be arranged
• Poor mobile reception for some networks
• Level wood deck floor unsuitable for stiletto type heels
• Access via rear barn double doors over 20cm threshold, level decking corridor from front covered barn patio and from south decked area
• Lighting - 4 electric uplighters and either enclosed candle lanterns (if unlined) or chandeliers with electric light bulbs (if lined)
• Seating for up to 125 depending on layout
• Petrol driven marquee heater
• Both ladies and gentlemen's facilities are reached via level decking walk way with one 20cm step up to access. Not suitable for wheelchair users.
• Ladies cloakroom has two toilets and two showers.
• Gentlemens cloakroom has one toilet, urinal unit and two showers.
• With adequate notice we can arrange for a disabled toilet to be provided on site.
• Each hut sleeps up to 4 bunk style
• Access to the huts is via four steps, each 25cm high
• Steps do not have handrail
Food preparation area
• Accessed via level decking area with one step up of 20cm at the entrance.
• Area not suitable for cooking.
• Dishwashing facilities.
• Lino-style flooring.
Grounds and Gardens
• Water hazards include a lake on the estate.
• The track to the venue the property is gravelled and rough in places. The decking can be slippery when wet. The lawns can become muddy during prolonged periods of wet weather.
• Permission to bring dogs on site must be sought in advance - owner must take responsibility at all times for any dogs brought on to the site.
• No smoking is permitted in the barn, marquee, food preparation area or toilets.
• No naked flames are permitted in the barn, marquee, food preparation area or toilets.
Telephone: 02380 284 4801 (office)
Grid reference: 50.888225,-1.602148
Hours of operation: Open all year, visitors strictly by appointment only.
• Upgrades will continue on an annual basis
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone +44 (0)2380 282 288 or email
Created: 13 March 2013
You may see gaps in the calendar but the site is not available for weddings on these dates. Please note that although we try to keep this calendar up to date we can not guarantee availability of dates. Please do not make any arrangements until availabilty has been confirmed.
We just wanted to say THANK YOU so much for all your work and help with out wedding. For us, it was a perfect day and we have amazing memories to treasure forever! We really felt you went the extra...
Thank you very much for the hard work your team put into doing up the venue prior to our wedding it was very much appreciated, the toilets, bar and shepherds huts looked fantastic and lots of our g...
To Simon, Eliza and the Team,
Huge thanks to both of you and to everyone else for all your hard work for Sean and Hannah's wedding. Everything was organised so efficiently - the big day was...
A quick email to say a huge thanks for all the extreme hard work yourself and your staff put into our special day on 21st July 2012. When we arrived on Saturday I was amazed to...
To Simon and all the staff at the Nww Forest Outdoor Centre
We would just like to say a huge thank you for giving us such as wonderful wedding day at your beautiful venue. The whole day was...
We just wanted to give you our greatest of thanks for the way you and your staff organised Jodi and Brendans wedding day. We had such a wonderful day and we were so lucky with the weather weren't w...
We have just had our daughters wedding reception at Weddings in the wood and I have only great things to say about the place.
The location is amazing as are the staff who organise the event...
Hi Simon, Just a note to let you what a fantastic wedding day your staff helped to create for kirsty and nick on 22nd September 2012. The weather was fantastic but the venue was the most perfect se...
We just wanted to write a quick note to say a huge thatn your for everything you did leading up to the wedding and on the day. We had such a lovely day and you guys were brilliant! Everyone was so ...